Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween! Halloween! We love Hallowee-eee-eee-EEEn!!!

So October came around and I decided to try and come up with a super awesome couple's costume for me and Jon to do since it was our first Halloween together. The requirements though made it difficult to come up with because I didn't have a whole lot of time with tests and it had to be cheap too. After a couple weeks I finally saw the perfect one! The couple from UP! it would be perfect!!! Jon already had suits and that sort, we'd just need to get him glasses, me a dress, and some balloons the night of. Even Jon agreed it was a great idea so we were set. Once we had this idea though Jon brought up the fact that we could either be the old couple or the young one and he really wanted to be the cranky old man (no surprise there =P) but then most of the movie his wife is dead... a tragic movie Pixar seems to like those these days. Then an idea popped into my mind, Jon could be the old man and I could be Kevin the bird who WAS a girl it turned out. But Kevin would probably require so much time and money to create something... So I tried to push the idea out of my mind and just focus on dress ideas for the young Elle.

Finally I finished my 3 test week and even though I had a paper and a lab report to do still I needed a break and thought it the perfect time to go to Savers and get our costumes. I quickly found Jon some glasses and a perfect suit jacket for really cheap and then I headed to the dress section. No where did they have anything close to the style of dresses Elle wore in that movie! I was becoming frustrated and decided to go peruse other things they had just in case I might have been able to do Kevin. I had even secretly made a list of things Kevin would require... And to my beautiful surprise I found colored, plastic, ruffled leis and an amazing idea popped into my head. I was going to be Kevin for Halloween and I was so excited!!! I haven't had a really great idea for Halloween in years! So I slowly gathered all my supplies the rest of Thursday and Friday and even got my paper and lab report written by Friday night so that all Saturday I could work on my costume.

Saturday morning I woke up extra early and started my pumpkin chilli for the chilli cook off part of the Halloween party and then headed off to work with all my supplies. Throughout the day when I wasn't on stand guarding for the swim team's invitational I was hot gluing on the leis to a shirt with the help of one of my lifeguard buddies. It turned out perfect! Then thanks to Monica and Jen, the lifeguard, I had some sweet make up and ideas of how to put it on for the night. As soon as we were done cleaning up after those gross kids I ran home, showered, drove to Gilbert to finally be with Jon again (he had been babysitting his siblings all week, of course on one of the hardest weeks of my semester =P), hurriedly we got dressed and ready and headed off for the party!



We looked pretty awesome, don't you think??? I was so happy it turned out! And we even won best over all for the chilli =D Then on actual Halloween we dressed up again though not quite so convincing and got to have $2 booritos at Chipotle and handed out candy corn sugar cookies to trick-or-treaters. I love Halloween!!!

5 comments:

  1. You guys do look pretty awesome! Mismatched socks and all :) Congrats on winning the chili contest too! We tried a (don't tell Keith) pumpkin risotto this year and my family actually liked it! Keith hates anything pumpkin so I told him it was squash. Not lying right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope not at all! So even if he liked it thinking it was squash and you told him after he ate it that it was pumpkin he would then not like it anymore? But you'll have to send me the recipe, I'd love to try that it sounds good!

      Delete
  2. You and Jen did a great job! I'm totally jealous of how well the red lipstick looks, I can never get lipstick to look right, teach me!!!!

    Ps: Amanda can I have that recipe too??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm... I put it on my lips! I'm actually terrified of lipstick but was surprised when I didn't screw it up this time and I did that make up all by myself Monica, all by myself!!! Now you just need to teach me how to wear it normally not costume make up and I'll show you how I did the lipstick, deal???

      Delete
    2. Deal! We'll have to not use blues or purples haha! Lipstick terrifies me too I can't do it! I do have two that I like though they're easy like chapstick!

      Delete