Sunday, June 24, 2012

Finally the End!

So we drove to Six Flags a little sad that it was super windy outside and due to the wind they had several of the awesome rides closed. It wasn't a packed day at Six Flags at all but they decided to only run one coaster per ride which made the lines insanely long and lots of people upset. We still got to ride on some fun ones but yeah the lines were ridiculous.

We did the water rafting ride and Jon had the perfect spot to get completely soaked, I was a tad jealous. Then we rode on the Riddler, the Batman ride (which I think they also have in Texas), the old wooden coaster which didn't hurt or jerk you around as much as the one in Texas so it was more enjoyable. Then they had that super tall one with the huge initial drop and I kept my eyes open when you go through the arch thing at the end! I had tried that on the Texas one a couple years ago but never could do it! That one also made me almost black out. I was kind of freaking out, but then I found out it did that to pretty much everyone.
 The last ride we did was the Tatsu which Jon said was one of his top favorites (his other two favorites were closed for the whole day sadly). It was weird to be facing down thinking if that hold on you gave out you'd just drop down and smash your face in, but it was probably my favorite ride of the day! I turned to talk to Jon about how awesome it was when he said, "I think my keys got sucked out..." I hoped he just couldn't feel them at the time and they were really there, but upon getting off he found he really didn't have keys. We talked to a lady that worked the ride and she directed us to the lost and found. There we filled out a receipt about the lost item and then waited the next hour and a half for them to close the park and search the ride. We said a prayer together that they would find them. I don't know what would have happened if they didn't because I had conveniently left the spare key in my bag in the car =P So we entertained ourselves with looking through the souvenir shop and finally we got our keys back. YAAAAYYYY!!!! A huge relief.

Waiting and hoping they find our keys


After that we went and grabbed a fast dinner at Burger King and some slushies at 7Eleven (the slushies were a bad idea because now Jon is hooked on them). Then we headed off to Vegas baby! We got to our fancy hotel at around 12:30 and crashed into bed. Three theme parks in three days is exhausting! I think we're probably good now until we have kids old enough to go.

South Point Hotel

The next morning we decided to relax in the sweet jacuzzi the hotel had. I waited for Jon to go get his swim suit out of the car, but I guess he'd forgotten it so I lent him my shorts and let me tell you he looked hilarious! I wish I had the camera but then he still would have refused me to take a picture. He said it was super weird to wear something that "hugged his curves". After the pool we quickly went and showered and signed out by noon. We went back in for their all you could eat buffet at 6 bucks for each of us. THERE WAS SO MUCH FOOD!!! They had seafood, Asian, Italian, Mexican, BBQ, a salad and soup bar, and last but not least two huge shelves of fancy cakes, cheesecakes, mousse, tarts, and much more! For all you could eat! I took little servings and still didn't get to try half the things I wanted to. I didn't even really have room for dessert but I made room for one mousse slice. Needless to say we both rolled ourselves out of there and weren't hungry for the rest of the day.

We then went and explored the strip, which was nice and relaxing compared to the crazy rush of theme parks the past three days. We wandered around M&M world, Coca Cola store, saw Bumblebee and Jack Sparrow. Went through the Bellagio with all its crazy, beautiful flower statues and contorted chocolate fountains. We also wandered around Ceasar's Palace which was gorgeous! Our favorite part was the aquarium and the funny sting rays that were floating around and putting their mouths on the glass.We also tried to tour through a chocolate factory but got there too late so maybe the next time we go.






Girls vs Guys bathroom =)







And finally it was time to head home! It was an amazing and fun honeymoon full of many memories both good and bad, but that's what makes them fun right?!? Well now I can finally post about other things =P


1 comment:

  1. Ya'll are too cute! ;) And I'm so glad you started a blog! :D

    ReplyDelete