Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Oooooh what a night!

Points to anyone who got the song I was trying to refer to here =P

Anyways it was a crazy night. I had big plans to make Spicy Chicken Rigatoni for dinner tonight and was super excited about it. I had everything going great, the ground red pepper and minced garlic were smelling so wonderful and it was nice and rainy outside when all of the sudden... the power went off. So the stove got cold just in the middle of me cooking my chicken. Luckily it didn't last long and the chicken was done cooking in no time. Now to add the marinara sauce... oh wait we don't have any! I had bought a lot and Jon never wants spaghetti so it never crossed my mind he would have used it all up with his mini pizza making. So I ran to the store and bought some marinara sauce in a can since it was the cheapest.

Get home all excited to finally get this made, because the chicken cooking in the seasonings smelled SOOO GOOD!!! I take the can to our electric can opener that Jon had gotten at Goodwill. I secretly hate that thing because I can never get it to work on my first try and this time was no different... except this time it decided I broke it. Frustrated I stormed off to the dollar store where Jon claimed they had manual can openers, the kind I prefer. Luckily they did but not for a dollar which was lame because that's the point of being a 99cent store right? But it was still a good price for what it was and I headed home wondering what other mishap would befall me next. Thankfully there were none! Once home I quickly reheated the stove, added the marinara sauce along with alfredo and got to eat! It was soooo yummy! Making it was a terror but way worth it! If you want to try it, which you really should, here is the link: http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/2423433-Spicy-Chicken-Rigatoni?full_recipe=true

1 comment: